Release Date: TBC
Welcome to C.W.I.S, a tactical shooter where you controls the weapons systems of a destroyer that was constantly under missile attack. Your job is to kill all inbound threats and survive long enough to go on the offensive!
C.W.I.S is a remake of a game jam title under the same name. The original game is an endless survival game mode where you defend your ship from constant missile attack from all directions using a multitude of weapons systems to do so. These include a Close-in weapons system, designed to take out missiles at close range before they hit the ship, a missile launcher to launch interceptor missiles towards missiles that are further away from the ship & a chaft system which can take the blow of missile in close range by diverting the missile to another heat signature, saving your ship.
In this remake there will be a load more features, new weapons, weapon switching, more modes & more! some of the planned key features below.
- Unique action/survival gameplay
- Customise & level up your weapons systems
- Unlock new weapons to add to your ship
- Defeat Bosses (Coming Soon)
- Complete Campaign & Missions (Coming Soon)
- Play local co-op with up to 4 players (Planned for 0.3.x)
Development & Roadmap
The game has a few updated planned past the first release. Further updates will depend on how the game does on the market.
- New input setup for future multi-player support.
- New weapon control systems for more modular weapons.
- Updated visuals for weapons systems.
- Copy of original endless survival gameplay.
- Game settings & more in-depth menus
- Controller support.
- Additional weapons & switching system.
- AI improvements
- Missiles are shot at you in a variety of attack styles instead of totally randomly.
- AI can intercept your intercepted missiles & counterattacks.
- Ship variations
- Control ships of different sizes, larger ships with more weapons or smaller ships with less weapons.
- In-game tutorial
- 1 v 1 ship battles (local multiplayer)
- Co-op arcade mode (up to 4-players)
- More TBC
Watch the full development process of the game in the dev-log series on the project.