Audio Manager 3.x Release!
A post annoucing the release of Audio Manager 3.x & an update to the Save Manager as well.
Audio Manager 3.x
Its been a long time coming, but today the new Audio Manager version is released. Unlike previous releases I’m going to stagger this one to release on the Unity Asset Store next year. This is mostly due to the asset’s stability not being great and the high likelyness of bugs from the total re-write. The new version has a lot of new features that have been teased before, but a quick rundown of some of the features:
- Automatic scanning of audio clips in the project without any user input needed.
- Dynamic start time for each clip to start where it starts playing audable audio, cutting out deadspace on clips and saves editing out of Unity.
- Flexiable API for playing audio clips or groups of clips. The setup is more modular than before for easy debugging and fixing.
- Editor to manage the library, assign groups of clips together and music track lists. Saves workarounds that were needed in the 2.x version of the asset.
- No setup needed, just import and go. Before you needed to setup the inspector the use it.
- Entirely static API, no scene references needed. As the static instance was the more common setup, this change makes it way easier to access the API without needing lots of scene references.
- Music playing setup. Still a simple setup, but plans to make it better with further updates.
- Inspector players for quick prototyping without needing to write any code. Like the old audio player class, but allowing for edits to be applied in the editor at will instead of needing a messy inspector with all options avalible.
So as of this post the asset is avalible from its Github repository and the Itch page. With the asset store coming early next year, partly for stabilty fixes, partly due to the review process which will likely take longer around this time of year as is. Links before:
Save Manager 2.0.15
Along with the Audio Manager release, there is a small update to the Save Manager also coming out at the same time, more or less. This update will go live to all stores and mostly fixes some editor stuff that I worked out in Audio Manager 3.x this week as well as some issues with the save editor not refreshing to the latest data.
Links can be found here: https://carter.games/savemanager/
That’s all for now xD